Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Awesome Raw and Vegan Breakfast

In September I followed a raw food and juice diet for 15 days.  During that time I dabbled in some raw recipes.  I made raw tabouli using cauliflower and I made raw carrot cake!  One of the best recipes that I found is this Rawsome Breakfast Mix and I wanted to share it!   I found the recipe at vegweb.com and and still make it for breakfast at least 3-4 times a week.   This is my version, but you can substitute different fruits and nuts to suit your own tastes. (for example, in Sept I used a peach instead of the pear and it was amazing)

Ingredients:
small handful of raw cashews
small handful of dried cranberries
1 organic apple
1 organic pear
1 stalk of organic celery
small handful of organic spinach. 

In a food processor, chop the cashews and cranberries until course. Add the rest of the ingredients and chop until the pear and apple are small chunks. Top with a sliced banana and a sprinkle of sunflower seeds.
If this version isn't sweet enough for you, add a drizzle of agave nectar or maple syrup and enjoy! 

It's simple and delicious and it keeps me full until lunch time!   Hope you get to try it! 







No comments:

Post a Comment