Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Back again

I'm certain that it's a sin in some part of the universe to completely ignore a blog for over 12 months.  Well...I'm back and a lot has changed in the past year.  Mike and I are still trying to live Greener Faster, though the ENACT challenge is completed.  Greener Faster has been more difficult recently as our efficient and commuter friendly condo was sold in August and we are now staying in a lovely home that is a distance of about a 30 minute drive to work.  We are looking for houses back in the heart of the city but have yet to find "the one".  Soon though....I know that we will be back within walking/biking/busing distance to everything in a nice efficient home with room for a garden.  

Being outside of the city has been a learning experience thus far.  It's hard for us to drive all the way home after work and then turn around to go back into the city, so usually when we get home we hunker down for the evening. We make dinner, clean the kitchen and then we stare at each-other for a long while trying to figure out what to do next.  When we were closer to the action we were always coming and going but this living arrangement has forced us to settle down.   Being outside of the action does have its advantages.  For one, I've done more puzzles in the past 4 months than I had in probably the past 20 years of my life.  It's very quiet here so I've been able to catch up on my reading -finishing the Hunger Games and 50 Shades trilogies back to back (classy I know but in my defense I also read To Kill a Mockingbird).  There's a ping-pong table in the basement and we have had heated matches most nights of the week.  According to Mike, I had a p-pong "break-through" tonight! ...the nightly practice has apparently paid off!  Can't wait to bring my skills to the streets or the next bar or house that has a table.  

It's very pretty out here right now with all the holiday lights on the houses...I hope we get some snow for skiing soon....except now we are going to have to drive in it!  I'm a terrible driver especially in snow (or rain or darkness...)


No comments:

Post a Comment