Monday, January 7, 2013

Houses and Money

I think we are buying a house. I'm pretty sure it's happening. There's a signed agreement with the seller and I just signed something with the bank.  An inspection is pending and I'm certain more signatures will need to take place before it's official...but everything is moving in that direction.

It's a small house in a fabulous neighborhood.  You can see the bike-path from the kitchen and practically roll down a hill and hit some restaurants and shopping.  To me, it's perfect.  The yard is big enough for a garden and both Mike and I can walk/bus/bike to work and downtown. 

I've never spent this much money on anything in my life.  Even the down-payment and closing costs equal more than I've ever spent on anything.   It's overwhelming yet exciting.
To make the process less overwhelming, I've promised myself I'm not buying anything else (except food and necessities) until we're in this house.   

This is going to be hard tonight since I'm heading to State Street to have dinner with my sister and go shopping.  That will now be "window" shopping for me.   I don't really need anything or want anything but I do have a couple of special people I'd like to buy little gifts for...however that will have to wait.

I was in a yoga class yesterday and this song played during shavasana.  It made me think about the little house and my promise not to buy anything until I get into this house.

Society by Eddie Vedder: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRUGvArWXLk

"When you want more than you have, You think you need, And when you think more than you want, Your thoughts begin to bleed.  I think I need to find a bigger place 'Cause when you have more than you think, You need more space"





No comments:

Post a Comment